Don't keep making expensive trips to the pharmacy, Shop Parentgiving.com for the biggest selection in adult diapers, inserts, boosters, bed pads, and odor and healthy cleaning products. Buy the best-selling brand Tranquility or our many plus-size brands. Ordering is easy, and shipping is fast. You can contact customer service through phone, email, or live chat. Get fast, free shipping with our loyalty program. Check regularly for a discount on select items. Find the best adult diapers with tabs or pull-ups.
The Causes of Adult Incontinence
Incontinence is a growing issue in America's aging population. It can start with a little leak from something like pregnancy, surgery, or injury but progress into a more chronic medical condition as you grow older, or you could have gastrointestinal issues. No matter what age you are, incontinence is embarrassing and stressful. ParentGiving.com features the best adult diaper selection and a variety of choices in other incontinence supplies. Let us help you choose the best adult incontinence products to suit your individual needs, stress-free.
What Are Adult Diapers?
Though many older adults do rely on incontinence briefs, adults of all ages need absorbing undergarments for a medical condition or surgery that may cause temporary or permanent incontinence. They are made to hold much more moisture than diapers for infants or babies. Adult diapers can be manufactured with tabs or pull-up style. Pull-up adult diapers fit more like underwear, but diapers with tabs are easier for caregivers and for those with a disability who must lay down or have difficulty standing.
How Can I Choose the Right Adult Diaper?
When you're trying to find the right incontinence brief for adults, it's very important to find the right size to stay healthy. Think about how it may fit around places like bellies, bottoms, and legs. If you choose an adult diaper that is too small, it will have too much compression, and you might risk cutting off blood supply to the leg or overflowing. It's also important to consider the comfort and absorbency of the diaper to make sure it fits your needs and lifestyle. Look at these tips to find the best diaper for an adult.
- Size: Make sure you take some measurements before making any purchases. Measure around your hips and your waist, and then use the largest of these measurements when making your choice. Try to take measurements each time you buy diapers as they may change. Also, carefully check the packaging since adult diapers don't have standardized sizes. The sizes vary between manufacturers.
- Absorbency: It's crucial to choose adult undergarments that are sufficiently absorbent. The best thing to do is pick the adult diaper that has the highest absorbency while still fitting comfortably. Also, choosing a sex-specific diaper will help because the padding in these diapers is placed differently according to anatomy. You may want to choose a different product for overnight than for during the day as well since more absorbency is often necessary overnight. Also, it's good to consider whether the diaper is being used for fecal incontinence as well as urinary incontinence. Additionally, there are some people who have very light needs and may be able to use pads alone.
- Comfort: Comfort is important to anyone wearing adult diapers. No one wants their adult diaper to be too tight or leak. So, look for undergarments that are stretchy, especially if you've had recent surgery. Also, make sure the diapers are fitted to avoid leaks. Also, check to see if they are comfortable when walking and lying down. They should also never cause a rash or infection.
Types of Adult Incontinence Products
There are a number of different kinds of adult incontinence products, and all of them are great for different situations. Let's take a look at a few examples as well as what they are good for so you know when you might want to consider using them.
- Adult diapers have refastenable tabs that allow the diaper to be opened and checked then fastened again. They can be changed while lying down and without removing most clothing. Some diapers even have wetness indicator strips so that caretakers can see when a person needs to be changed without unfastening the diaper. This type of diaper is best for people who have limited mobility or need help with changes from a caretaker. However, it can also be useful for overnight use.
- Pull-ups are good for people that don't have limited mobility. This type of undergarment is more like typical underwear and generally more comfortable as well. Pull-ups also come in a variety of colors, patterns, and styles, often made to appear like regular underwear. This can make people more comfortable with wearing them.
- Bariatric briefs are made to fit the needs of large adults. These briefs come in waist sizes that fit up to 106 inches. They are labeled in sizes from XL on up, but it's really best to measure before choosing a size. Measuring carefully will ensure the briefs fit comfortably around the waist, legs, and hips. They do have stretchy sides and come fitted around the legs to avoid leaks and improve their comfort.
- Pads can be a good option for those with mild incontinence problems. Although, they can also be used in addition to diapers or briefs. They come in different levels of thickness and absorbency to give consumers more choices. These pads also come in different shapes. Some are contoured to fit the shape of the body; whereas, others are rectangular. You can also get pads that are longer than average. Some pads are even scented to reduce odors. Also, like with diapers and pull-ups, you can purchase sex-specific pads.
Get Moisture-Wicking Products
No matter which style of incontinence product you choose, dryness is essential and doesn't have to come at a premium price! When skin is exposed to urine and fecal matter, it can cause diaper rash and infection. That's why it's extremely important to choose adult incontinence products that are moisture-wicking, breathable, and a lining that tracks moisture away from the body.
It's Trial and Error When It Comes to Meeting Your Personal Goals.
Thinking about how you want an adult diaper to perform is critical. Are you more concerned with urine leaks? Maybe styles, the way they look under clothes and pants, or how easy they are to remove is more important. It may be very important that your incontinence garment looks more like panties or underwear. Think about things like allergies and sensitivities to make sure you don't irritate the skin and cause diaper rash when moving or walking. Also, think of the different fabrics and materials. Take note of how you need adult incontinence products to work for your individual needs.
Choosing the right diaper to meet the needs of an adult requires a lot of patience and problem-solving. You may find yourself going through a lot of different brands until you finally find adult incontinence products that perform and fit the way you like. Don't forget about booster pads, under-bed pads, and clean-up products to help give a solution to any impairment you're having. If you feel like the cost of diapers is adding up, check out our website for adult diaper coupons, sales, and diaper samples.
We do offer reusable diapers for those who want to keep waste out of the landfill. However, they are difficult to maintain and don't hold much moisture compared to disposable diapers. We recommend buying reusable inserts and booster pads and using them paired with a disposable diaper for maximum protection. Never double-up on diapers; it's not very effective, it wastes money, and it may cause inflammation.
ParentGiving Picks for Adult Incontinence Briefs
We created ParentGiving Picks as a fast and easy way to learn about our best products in order to serve our retail customers better than any pharmacy ever could. These top-rated adult incontinence briefs are known for their value and quality. Subscribe to our auto-delivery program to save an extra 5% for brand loyalty.
Super Absorbency & Overnight
- Dry Direct Ultimate Underwear: This pull-up underwear is designed to reduce the number of required changes. It has a pull-up design, but it has tear-away panels that make changes easy. They are also absorbent enough to be used overnight.
- Tranquility Premium Overnight Diaper: These diapers come in a large variety of sizes from XS to XXL, and they are made to hold enough liquid to allow wearers to sleep through the night without worrying about an accident.
- TENA Super Briefs: These briefs have hook tabs that make them easy to fasten and unfasten without worrying about rearing. This underwear is absorbent enough to reduce the need for changes and work overnight. It is also suitable for fecal incontinence. Additionally, these briefs have the Instadri skin-caring system to help keep skin healthy.
Adult Diapers for Women
- Prevail Underwear for Women (Maximum Absorbency): Prevail underwear are highly absorbent, so they are good for daytime or overnight use. Also, they can allow many women to feel more comfortable wearing them since they look and feel like regular underwear.
Adult Diapers for Men
- Depend for Men Fit-Flex Maximum Absorbency Underwear: This super absorbent underwear is easy to get on and off and fit like regular underwear to help prevent leaks. They also come with odor control, so wearers don't have to worry about embarrassing odors.
- Select Disposable Youth and Adult Absorbent Underwear: This diaper is made for those with heavy incontinence, but they come with a soft, breathable outer cover to improve comfort. They also have tear-away sides to make changes easy. They come in sizes from youth to XXL.
Everyday Value Adult Diapers
- TENA Super Briefs: These diapers have premium options for nighttime and daytime patient care. ParentGiving.com also has a large selection of super absorbent, moisture-wicking adult incontinence garments, catheters, creams/lotions, gel, gloves, hand sanitizer, healthy nutrition products, and product samples. Skip the pharmacy, order now for convenient shipping. Free shipping on orders over $69!
FSA & HSA Eligible
FSA (flexible spending account) and HSA (health savings account) can help offset the cost of your adult incontinence products.
Most adult diaper brands work with either program. Your FSA or HSA account covers all or part of the expense. If you have one of these savings accounts through your employer, it’s usually an FSA. Health savings accounts (HSA) are generally managed by the individual. You have more flexibility on what health products are covered, along with when you can use the account.
Both accounts will give you tax savings on your adult incontinence purchases.