Choosing the Best
Vision problems can make using the phone difficult if not impossible. Advances in design include big button telephones that make it much easier to see the numbers and punch them to make calls. Many styles also come with advances for the hearing impaired like a programmable high-decibel ringer and other sound controls.
Key visual features add to the functionality of big button phones:
- Big buttons are the most obvious advantage of these telephones and a wide variety of button sizes exist from slightly larger than normal to buttons that are up to one square inch in size.
- Big buttons that are backlit or on an illuminated keypad to make them easier to see. These big button phones retain a sleek looking design while allowing you to place calls in low light situations.
- An electronic voice that repeats each number as it is dialed so you know you did it correctly like the Clarity JV-35.
- A high contrast talking caller ID screen with a large font like the Clarity XLC3.4 Extra Loud Cordless Phone.
- A bright flashing light that goes off when a call comes in making it less likely to miss calls and that indicates when a voicemail message is waiting for you.
Look for the right combination of features and convenience to find the most useful big button phone for you.