Everyday Essentials To Have On Hand:
- Bandages cover and protect a cut or other wound. Be sure you have a full complement of first aid items including self-adherent wraps, gauze rolls and surgical tape as well as a variety of sizes of sterile bandages.
- Ointments and cleansers speed relief and help prevent further damage by putting down a layer of protection.
- Topical painkillers include sprays or ointments for joint and muscle relief.
- Disinfecting wipes prevent the spread of germs at home and when traveling or while in the hospital.
- Antibacterial skin cleansers prevent the spread of germs in everyday situations.
- Nutritionals can be meal replacements or snacks that provide needed protein or simply extra calories over the course of the day. Depending on the formula, this is one way to take in needed vitamins and minerals.
- Compression socks help with circulation and are available in different tensions.
- Cold packs provide for immediate pain relief and help prevent swelling and heat pads provide soothing later on in the case of an acute injury and on a regular basis for a chronic one.
Medical supplies also include devices that allow you to better manage specific medical conditions at home. Once you have buying guidelines from your medical team, you can choose the right home medical supplies online to be sure you have all recommended items:
- Catheters are used to manage certain urinary health conditions, including some forms of incontinence.
- Cervical collars and neck braces may be prescribed for rehab after surgery or injury.
- Electrotherapy and TENS home units are similar to the electrical nerve and muscle stimulation devices used by physical therapists for pain relief.
- Exam gloves protect against germs and are available in latex and latex free, powdered and powder free and in a range of sizes. These can be important safeguards when caring for someone with incontinence.
- Respiratory care products help people breathe easier every day. For allergies and other conditions, consider an air purifier or a humidifier to make your home environment less irritating; medical devices like nebulizers and oxygen concentrators, which deliver oxygen to people with serious respiratory conditions, should be selected with your doctor’s guidelines in mind.
- Edema pumps offer at-home treatments for people with circulation problems.
- Oral swabs, such as Lemon Glycerin Swabsticks by Medline, help alleviate dry mouth conditions.