A handheld showerhead offers bath safety, water therapy and convenience in one simple daily living tool. Whether you stand or prefer to sit on a shower chair or bench in the tub or shower stall, a handheld showerhead means you can position water flow exactly where you want it. Certain models are designed to save water (and heating costs), too.
Among the most helpful features are:
- A 6 to 8 foot flexible hose
- Dual mount that allows you to use the showerhead in the traditional position or as a hand shower head
- A variety of water spray options that include regular shower, massage and pulsating sprays
- Water saver function or pause control feature to reduce water flow
- Ergonomic handle for ease of use
- Handle safety strap to make holding the showerhead easier
- A diverter valve that allows operation of either the regular showerhead or the handheld
If you have a shower grab bar already installed, a great accessory is a handheld showerhead hook like the Moen grab bar attachment that puts your handheld shower within easy reach.