The CapTel 880i Captioned Phone is a traditional-style phone that shows word-for-word captions of your conversation on a large, easy-to-read 10" display. The CapTel 880i is an ideal amplified captioned phone solution for people with low vision or who have difficulty reading standard-sized captions.
It connects to both your telephone and Internet service to give you the best of both worlds: voice and captions. The captions are provided by a free service that uses the Internet connection to automatically display captions for every call, quickly and accurately. Captions are available on calls within the United States only. Important delivery information: This phone ships directly from CapTel. You will receive an email and a phone call from a CapTel representative 1-3 business days after placing your order. The representative will confirm you have a land line and internet connection and discuss installation.
- Callers dial your phone number directly
- Captions appear on all calls automatically; no need to dial through a captioning service
- Captions can be turned on or off at any time in a call
- Adjustable tone and volume control - up to 40 decibel gain
- Adjustable caption font sizes and colors
- Large 10" high resolution caption display tilts for comfortable reading or lies flat for mounting the phone on a wall
- 95 name/number phone book to store frequently called numbers
- Built-in answering machine takes voice messages with captions
- Spanish-to-Spanish captioning available, with Spanish language menus
- Caller ID capable
- Speed dial keys for one-touch dialing
- WiFi compatible
- 1 Year Limited Warranty
- This device requires a land line.
- This device is applicable for people with difficulty hearing on the phone due to hearing loss
- High speed Internet connection - This device connects to the Internet over WiFi wireless network or by an Ethernet cable. Depending on your set up, a router may also be required to connect more than one device to your internet service.
- Home phone connection - Telephone service can be analog, digital cable phone service, VoIP, FIOS or DSL with appropriate filter. (Cannot be cellular service) Not compatible with PBX systems unless an analog port is available.
- Standard electrical power - AC adapter plugs into a standard wall outlet.
- Due to FCC regulations, there is a maximum of 2 units allowed per household.