Brazos Walking Stick's Twisted Bocote Exotic Wood Walking Cane
Bocote is a Central American exotic hardwood that's strong, durable and unbelievably beautiful. The distinct caramel-to-chocolate grain pattern is unmistakable. Thanks to its incredible density, this wood is as strong as can be. Our craftsmen choose the finest Bocote lumber, cut it to size, work it on a router, sand it and then twist it with our signature spiral. The final walking cane, sprayed with a protective coat of lacquer, is part collector's piece and part functional art. Like all of our walking sticks and canes, this cane is made in the USA using the finest methods and materials.
Made in America, One at a Time
Unlike sterile, lifeless metal canes and poles, Brazos walking canes offer natural appeal because they are made from real wood. You can see the fine detail and beauty of the actual tree when you look at one. Each cane is a work of art. Plus, because they are solid wood, there are no moving parts to become unstable. Brazos Walking Sticks is family operated and located in the beautiful Brazos River Valley of Central Texas. Each walking stick is handcrafted by skilled local craftsmen.
How to Size a Walking Cane
For walking canes, a standard 37-inch size is a good starting place for most adults. For taller folks, we offer 40-inch canes as well. If you're shorter, we also carry a 34-inch size. Cane sizing is best achieved by standing up straight, relaxing your arm naturally to the side, and having someone measure the distance from your wrist to the floor. A good cane size should allow for an elbow that is slightly bent.
- This strong, sturdy walking cane with its eye-catching caramel and chocolate grain will give you a sense of security and stability as you walk. It's a solid cane with a good weight to it.
- Unlike lifeless metal canes, this cane is crafted from natural wood. Bocote is an exotic South American hardwood with a beautiful finish.
- The Brazos signature twist down the shaft makes it even more interesting.
- The smooth derby handle will feel comfortable in your hand. The rubber tip at the bottom will give you good traction on most surfaces.
- Each walking cane is made in the USA by master woodworkers. Handcrafted one at a time for a one-of-a-kind treasure. They also make great gifts.