The 2010 Parentgivers of the Year Awards
The finalists for the Parentgivers of the Year 2010 award have been selected. Please visit the finalist page
where you can read their stories and Cast Your Vote!
About the Awards
To raise awareness of the challenges all caregivers face, Parentgiving will honor seven outstanding caregivers who care for an aging adult while also caring for their own families.
Grand Prize: A Spa Getaway Package
The Grand Prize Winner will receive a spa getaway, respite services and a $500 gift certificate for the Parentgiving Store — a prize package valued at $3,500.
Five First Prize Packages
Five First Prize winners will each receive a $200 gift certificate for the Parentgiving Store and a 2-day short-term respite stay for their senior loved one — a prize package valued at $600.
A Medminder Maya System with one year's subscription service will be awarded to a caregiver responsible for a loved one living at home with limited assistance to make medication adherence easier.
Terms & Conditions
- Entries will be accepted through January 31, 2010. You must be a US citizen residing in the USA. You can enter yourself or nominate a caregiver you know.
- Selection of the Grand Prize Winner, 5 First Prize winners and Bonus Prize winner will be based on the psychological, social, financial and medical issues faced, challenges that have been overcome to provide care, sacrifices made, and the impact the care has had on the individual.
- From February 15 to 28, 2010 online voting will take place for up to twenty five (25) top caregivers (return to this web page/URL for online voting). Only one vote per person is allowed. The judges will take into account the online voting results when making their selections.
- All entries are confidential; no entries will be published or otherwise shared with third parties without the express written consent of the entrants/nominees. Consent will be obtained from selected entrants prior to the online voting.
- The Grand Prize Winner, 5 First Prize winners and Bonus Prize will be announced in March 2010.
- The Grand Prize Winner will receive up to $3,500 in prizes as follows: up to $2,000 for a spa getaway, up to $1,000 for respite services for their senior loved one including a 3-day short-term respite stay at one of 316 Emeritus Senior Living communities nationwide from Emeritus Senior Living while they are away and a $500 gift certificate at the Parentgiving Store. The five First Prize Finalists will each receive one (1) $200 gift certificate for the Parentgiving Store and a 2-day short-term respite stay for their senior loved one at an Emeritus Senior Living community. The Bonus Prize winner will receive the Medminder Maya System with a free 12-month service contract.
- Parentgiving reserves the sole right to choose the judges and determine the Grand Prize Winner and First prize winners.